After you have been involved in a vehicle collision, you may experience
anxiety, worry, and high levels of stress. However, it is important that
you complete a few necessary tasks to ensure your rights are safeguarded
after the accident. To help,
our Dallas car accident lawyers have listed these steps below:
1. Seek Medical Attention Right Away.
First and foremost, it is important you are assessed by a medical professional
right away. Many accident victims refuse an assessment and treatment after
a collision because they are unable to feel any pain or discomfort immediately
after a crash due to spiked adrenaline levels.
By receiving medical attention immediately after an accident, you can ensure
you have not suffered any serious injuries, such as the following:
2. Contact the Police.
Although it is common for individuals to avoid contacting the police after
a collision, it is crucial to do so. A police officer can examine the
scene, the damage to your vehicle, and all other important factors to
ensure responsibility is placed on the driver liable for your injuries
or damages. Additionally, a law enforcement officer will fill out a police
report, which can be useful when filing a claim with your insurance company.
3. Be Sure to Obtain All Information About the Collision.
After a collision, many drivers forget to obtain necessary information
about the accident. This can be extremely problematic for those who feel
the extent of their injuries later or for those who wish to file a claim
with their insurance company. Without accurate and adequate information,
your insurance company may assume you have made a fraudulent claim or
your insurance company may attempt to minimize your claim.
For this reason, it is important to attain the following:
- Contact information for any drivers involved in the accident
- Insurance information for any drivers involved in the crash
- Contact information for any witnesses
- An accurate police report or police report number
- The name and contact information for law enforcement officers at the scene
4. Contact Your Insurance Company
After an accident, it is essential that you contact your insurance company
right away. By doing so, you can ensure the collision is assessed and
documented by a professional. In addition, this can help you recover financial
compensation for any damages to your vehicle.
5. Retain Experienced Legal Advocacy
No matter how serious or minor your car accident may seem, it is wise to
retain seasoned legal representation right after a collision.
A skilled attorney can:
- Examine your case
- Ensure the police report is accurate
- Obtain any information from witnesses that can support your claim
- Ensure nothing you say is used against you if your case goes to court
- Ensure insurance companies do not minimize your claim
- Hold negligent, reckless, or careless drivers liable for your injuries
Our Dallas Car Accident Attorneys are Available 24/7
If you have sustained injuries in an auto accident and believe another
driver should be held responsible for your injuries, get in touch with
our experienced legal team at Uvalle Law Firm, PLLC as soon as possible.
Our team is dedicated to helping our clients recover the maximum amount
of monetary compensation they deserve to cover the costs of any medical
expenses, lost wages, and emotional damages they may face as a result
of an accident. When you work with our team, you will never feel alone.
Instead, our team will take a client-based approach so that you and your
family can focus on the physical recovery while we handle any legal matters
that may arise.
Put a compassionate team of personal injury lawyers on your side today by
contacting Uvalle Law Firm, PLLC! We can have your injury case resolved quickly.